Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Courses for my History Degree

In my first post i told you that i just finished my associate's degree in history. I took most of level 1 and 2 courses you take your first two years that are pretty generic, like Western Civ. I & II, American Hist I & II, etc. This year i get to start taking my in depth core classes for my degree where i get down and dirty with history (Yes i went there). You get to choose from American clusters, European clusters, and World Culture clusters. I choose mostly from the US clusters because it is what interests me most. My favorite classes are going to be the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, and US military history. From the rest of my clusters i picked more out of the box stuff like the Philosophy of Revolution, The History of Science, and Environmental History. I should state pretty early on that i am a completely online student. That may be scary to some people but it is actually very un-scary. I will make my next post about online schools to give some information to people out there who are interested in online schooling. So ill save that rant for another time. In the end i need 60 credits to have my bachelors degree in hand before i move on to bigger and brighter things. I start in August this year and can't wait to get reading! I take 2-3 classes at a time for 6 weeks at a time and should be finished by the end of next year. Is it possible to be in school for the rest of your life as a job and NOT be a teacher? If so sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment