Monday, July 25, 2011

Band of Brothers

I just recently started a new mini-series with my husband called Band of Brothers. It is a nine episode series about the 101st Airborne division in WWII. I just finished the first episode last night i can already tell i'm going to need tissues. Its one thing reading about it in a book, but seeing the faces of these men that fought along side each other going through this traumatic war is another thing.

It is movies like this that remind me why we are such a great country. I don't ever want to lose that feeling and it makes me angry when people don't appreciate what they have in america. We are lucky to be able to have the option to say, "I don't agree with that." We are lucky to be able to choose what religion we want, to eat where we want, to be able to start our own business, to talk to who we want, when we want. While things might not be perfect all the time and we may not always be happy with the way things are going, we are still very lucky. I wish more people would think about these things rather than sitting idly by watching the world slowly pass them. Eventually you are going to have to answer for your actions, so make them good ones.

Now that i'm done with that tangent, please watch Band of Brothers if you haven't already :)

No comments:

Post a Comment